Blogger Background

Saturday, January 3, 2009

"The smart thing to do is to begin trusting your intuitions"

(01/02/09) Thank you, fortune cookie makers, for reminding me that what feels right usually is what needs to be done.

For those keeping score, we have 10 days before school begins. I have viewed, oh maybe 12 or 15 apartments. A few are close, but there is always something. The one that has all of the "dream list" (washer/dryer, A/C, pets without fees, wood floors, plenty of closet space, nice windows) happens to be in the second to most questionable part of town. Then there's one that is just beautiful from a structure standpoint, but the price is a tad high and no AC. The list goes on, let me tell you. There are 2 more to see tomorrow and lets pray to the housing gods that this will be the last day of not knowing.

The roommate has officially lost her mind, and so have I. My patience with her antics wore off.(today all of my kitchen and family room things were piled in the living room; paintings pulled off the wall and were sitting on the floor where they had hung; a note in the kitchen asks me to pay her for helping me move-in back in August and for a beer she apparently bought 2 month ago; she also informed me that I was no longer allowed to use the dishes or utensils. Really? Really??) Lets just say I wasn't too polite in letting her know exactly what I was thinking.

So that's what is going on. And as far as trusting my intuition, I will be taking all of my valuable with me tomorrow and leaving them with a friend. My intuition tells me GET OUT NOW.

Big Sigh. Prayers for patience, please.

No comments: