Blogger Background

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Grateful Dead

(09.30.09)
Two years ago today I took the LSAT, went to the wedding of a good friend, then headed out to karaoke after the reception. Funny how all of that pales to the memory of the rest of the evening: finding out that Dad was in the ER and, according to my youngest sister, "wasn't coming back home." It feels like forever, it feels like yesterday. And here we are today.

I am listening to my favorite Pandora radio station that plays nothing but the Dead, Bob Marley, CCR aka "hippie shit." It made me remember one of my favorite nights with Mom and Dad. They joined me and the Columbus gang for karaoke after their bowling match. I somehow convinced Dad to make his karaoke debut that evening. We sang the Grateful Dead's "Truckin'" to the best of our off-key, out of tune ability. And it was great fun. Oh, how grateful I am for those memories!


.

No comments: