Blogger Background

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

On Writer's Block

(08/11/14)
Last week I missed posting a new post, not so much because I was unable to find something to write, but because I have been so obsessed with getting other things done that is slipped my mind. I have found, in writing this blog and forming the very quiet goal of posting something new every Tuesday at 5:30pm, that it is best for me to write as many new posts as I can whenever the proper combination of sunshine, caffeine, and inspiration collide. Right now I have 8 posts started and 2 completed (one scheduled to post in April of next year...). There doesn't seem to be a time (yet) when I have nothing to write. Perhaps that is because this blogging is for my own personal amusement and I don't expect my two dedicated reader to grow by any significant leaps and bounds. The deadlines are light and there are no repercussions for failure.

Regardless, I think these quotes are excellent reminders of how our favorite writers have dealt with the issue of running into a block the prevents the flow from mind to keyboard/pen and paper. All of these quotes were posted by The Bloggess, one of my favorite bloggers who I have been reading for years.
I hate writing. I  love having written. ~ Dorothy Parker
There is nothing to writing.  All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. ~ Hemingway
Writing is like driving at night in the fog.  You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. E. L. Doctorow
What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
from the Bloggess.com
http://thebloggess.com/2014/07/and-thats-why-ill-never-leave-twitter/


No comments: