Blogger Background

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Inspiration Everywhere

(09/29/14)

Available HERE.
Above my bench in the stained glass studio hang two hand painted block prints from the Bread and Puppet Theater. They are my inspiration. They remind me to enjoy my process and to keep my art simple, meaningful, and beautiful. (I also have two of these prints in my office, two in the living room, two in my bathroom, and one in my kitchen...I may be a tad obsessed.)

Anyway, when visitors come to the studio they often ask about the posters. This of course got me thinking about how I could sell what people like/are drawn to. So, as I am toying with the idea of trying something new I of course seek ideas from others. It seems like a logical first step. The images below are a conglomerate of what I like and what I would like my final product to look like. 

Available HERE.
The next step will be to borrow some tools and seek advice on what paints work best and which paper will hold up for the long haul. I already have the subject matter well on its way to creating a nice block print. For years I have been working on a series of drawings; they are large squares with a single flower and a word of inspiration like: "Abundance" and "Joy". 

I hope you like these images as much as I do...there is so much talent in the world.


Available HERE.

Image from HERE.
Available HERE.

Available HERE.
Available HERE.

No comments: