Blogger Background

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Brief Opportunities

8/20/16

She: sitting on her yoga mat, feet bare, visibly self-consciousness
Me: late to class (of course), quick to settle in, less-than-calm

After setting my shoes and keys aside, she said a large good morning and commented on the wonder of us all being here at such an early hour on a Saturday. My response was polite and we chatted a bit about our practices. It is nice to know the ones you're spending an hour near. At the end, I hurried my mat away to say hello to some familiar faces at the other side of the practice space. I wonder now: what opportunity did I miss in not slowing down, chatting some more? The risk was low, but the comfortably of being seen by faces I am already familiar was easier than risking another interaction with the stranger beside me.

No comments: