Blogger Background

Friday, September 12, 2008

Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' in to the future

Three weeks down, twelve to go.

It seems that time goes faster as I get older, an idea confirmed once by my mother who then followed up the comment with "soon decades go quickly." I have pondered this seemingly odd phenomena which many around me also have notice. My Louisville buddy mentioned something about heart rate affecting time perception, but my research has not uncovered such evidence. In fact, the contrary is what science says: Heart and respiratory rate were clearly uncorrelated with time production errors and pulse rate plays only a minor if not insignificant role in the perception of time.


If it weren't for the fact I have just spent a good 40 minutes of time thinking about this rather than working on school, I would keep giving some stats. But I have to get to class. Maybe you can find something better? This would be a great research topic for somebody.


No comments: