Blogger Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

unique EXPLOSION

So, on the snow day last week, I was drinking coffee and overdosing on caffeine. I wondered: What would happen if I just had hot water and sugar in lieu of the coffee? I rinsed out the cup and filled it with water, then put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then I multi-tasked myself away from the kitchen to tend to some other project. I forget, briefly, about the water. When I return, I decide to re-heat the water for a minute as it didn't look hot. So, I take it out of the microwave and set it on the table. Then, this is the good part, I take a heaping scoop of sugar and put it into the mug and BANG! SHOOSH! YOWZAH! the water that was simply steaming roars to a boils and explodes everywhere! It was amazing. Better yet, according to snopes:

see that: "odds are, you'll go through life without ever viewing this phenomenon first-hand" I felt so very special for exploding my water until I read another website that tells you exactly how to "super heat" water. I won't publish that link because 1. I want you to be safe and 2. I lost the website and don't want to find it.

Thanks. bye.

No comments: