Blogger Background

Friday, March 13, 2009

Don't even try. Just give up now.

(03/13/09)

I am not usually the kind of person who buys in to the Friday the 13th mumbo-jumbo...until today.


As you might know, I always have a lot on my plate and I usually make things worse by procrastinating . Well today, that changed. After class and study group, I sat my self down in the library (on a Friday I usually go home and do anything except for school work). But today, I worked diligently on checking citations for the Human Rights Journal for about 5 hours.

The due date is Monday and I got ALL OF IT finished! So great, right? Nope, not right. Just as I went to attach the document to an email for my supervisor, I realized that I could not find the document. Apparently, it was a temporary document that did not save each time I was clicking ctrl+S. And when I closed out, it was gone, not saved. We even called the IT person who was already out drinking and getting his weekend on. He confirmed, its a flaw with using gmail. You think you're saving, but you're not.


Yeah, its gone forever. And quite frankly I don't have the time to do it again.


Lessons learned: never use the school computers, don't do things early, use "save as" twice (I swear I did it the first time, but clearly I did not) and above all: STAY IN BED ON FRIDAY THE 13th.


Fuuuuuuck. I am going home and going to bed. This day deserves to be over.

No comments: