Blogger Background

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two steps forward, one step back

(03/06/09) The power of the internet is amazing. This week I have been chatting with Amanda in West Africa, job hunting across the globe without leaving my bed, meeting new friends and organizing a night of bingo, and joining a facebook group that took over a bar for a night... I am just in awe of the world we live in. How did people ever research, connect, and reconnect without this 'net?

Its just too bad that the same awesome internet that makes so many good things happen has also sucked away so many hours of my life that could have been spent doing, oh I don't know, maybe writing that huge research paper that is due in 13 days?

Happy March!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're organizing a bingo night?!?! Just last week I decided I wanted to host a bingo night but I told Kevin, "Alas! I need more friends named Colleen Rosshirt in my life because not all of our friends here would play!" But I still went online to see how much it would cost to order supplies, etc. Because I figured everyone would come over, a couple of people would play for a few hours, so we just need to get my parents and sisters and kevin's parents out here and then it would be a blast. That's so funny that you had the same thought =) ps - I miss you and I wish you didn't live so far away!