Blogger Background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Americans

(01/23/09) This week I not only witnessed the inauguration of our 44th president but also I had the opportunity to attend a naturalization ceremony to swear in 32 new Americans. Each person stood up and said her name and country of origin. The judge had them recite a pledge of commitment to the US and one of our professors gave a very moving speech. I highly recommend that you put this on your "list of things to do." Goooo America.

Also, I received this email from one of the guys I met in Nairobi, Kenya. I thought you'd enjoy it:
Dear Colleen,
I hope you are doing fine in U.S.A. We are great and jubilant for the Obama win. The words "YES WE CAN" have at long last come to disapprove the pessimists that anything is possible and anyone can. Creed, Colour, Race, Tribe, Physical Challenges, Gender, intelligence e.t.c are not the only recipes to achieving our ambitions or challenges against taking initiative or playing a role in Active Global Change. Let us borrow a leaf from the heroic deeds of Obama who has come from so far displaying humility in humilation through out his life journey and campaign to finally clinch the highest seat in the World.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!LET'S WORK TOGETHER FOR WORLD PEACE AND THE SECURITY AND GOOD HEALTH OF PEOPLE ACROSS THE WORLD. MAY GOD BLESS THIS FINE MAN WHO CAN TAKE US THERE....

No comments: